Assistant Attorney General
- Cumberland School of Law, J.D., 2003, cum laude; Dean’s Merit Scholarship; Dean’s List; The Order of the Barristers; Who’s Who Among Students in American Colleges and Universities; Editor-in-Chief, American Journal of Trial Advocacy, 2002-03; Associate Research and Writing Editor; Chair of Finance Committee, 2001-2002; Scholar of Merit/Book Awards. Activities: Cumberland National Trial Advocacy Team – Member, Advocate, Witness; competed in ATLA Regional Trial Competition (2003), Alabama Student Bar Association - Secretary, Peterson National Trial Team Competition, Haley Trial Competition, Donworth Moot Court Competition - Semi-Finalist, Mediation Competition, Dean Search Committee - Student Reference Panel, Sports and Entertainment Law Society – Relations Chair, Wildlife Society - Service Chair, Women Lawyers Section of the Birmingham Bar Association - Student Member, ABA, ATLA – Student Member.
- Duke University, Trinity College of Arts & Sciences, B.S., Psychology, Minor in Religion, 2000; Dean's List; Phi Eta Sigma, Honor Society; Vice President, D.U. Equestrian Team; Member , D.U. Women's Crew Team
- Honorable Jean Brown , Alabama Supreme Court, 2003-2004
- State of Alabama
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- United States District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- Assistant Attorney General, State of Alabama Office of the Attorney General,
Capital Litigation Division and Violent Crimes Division, 2007 - Present
- Legal Issues Instructor, Montgomery Police Academy
- Legal Issues Instructor, Alabama Criminal Justice Training Center / Alabama State Trooper Police Academy
- Chief Deputy District Attorney and Assistant District Attorney, Second Judicial Circuit, 2004-2007
- Clerk, Hill, Hill, Carter, Franco, Cole & Black, P.C.
- Clerk, Balch & Bingham LLP
- Clerk, Sasser, Littleton, and Stidham, P.C.
- Clerk, Beasley, Allen, Crow, Methvin, Portis, & Miles, P.C.
- Criminal Trial and Appellate Prosecution, focusing on Capital Offenses and Violent Crimes along with Drug Prosecution, Special Victims Cases, and Civil Condemnations from Illegal Criminal Activities.
Memberships and Affiliations
Return to Profiles
- Alabama Homicide Investigators' Association, Founding Member
- Alabama State Bar Association